What to Buy in August
It’s the last month of summer, which means closeouts everywhere! School is starting or has started in most areas, and spending time outside is still in the forecast, so retailers are packing in as many sales as they can before fall begins. Here’s what to buy in August.
- Back-to-School: That super popular season is finally here! THIS is the time to grab everything you’ll need for the next year of kids’ crafts, office products, and school supplies, because they are at their cheapest prices. Watch for great deals on laptops, too.
- Seasonal Outdoors: The best deals on lawn mowers and gardening supplies hit this month! Grab them while you can at awesome prices.
- Swimsuits & Summer Clothing: Prices drop starting this month, so scoop up those deals! Bathing suits drop in price, and will continue to do so for the next couple of months, however, stock and sizes are always limited after August. Grab sandals, shorts, and tank tops, too.
- Patio Furniture: It’s the end of the season, which means it’s time to grab up those hammocks, fire pits, patio sets, hammocks, deck chairs, and outdoor home items you’ve been wanting. We see great deals this time of year!
- Outdoor Recreation: If you can play with it outside, it’s probably on sale right now. Trampolines, sandboxes, playhouses, playlets, ride-on toys… all of these and much more are on sale for the end of the season.
- Labor Day Sales: It’s not until next month, but in the last few years, Labor Day sales have been squeaking back week by week. In fact, we see them beginning a full two weeks before the actual day! In late August, watch Save Spark for our coverage of sales!